With more people across the world beginning to travel, what is the best way to reduce your chance of becoming infected with COVID-19?
Whether you’re traveling soon or continuing to stay at home, the key is boosting your immune system and eating clean, healthy, organic whole foods to achieve optimal metabolic health.
Two nutritional supplements in particular, quercetin and N-Acetylcysteine, are all the rage when it comes to combatting COVID-19.
In a study published in the International Journal of General Medicine (2021, June 24. 14: 2807-2816), 42 patients with early COVID-19 detection were given either (1) standard medical care alone or (2) quercetin in the form of Quercetin Phytosome at a dosage of 600mg per day for the first 7 days and then 400mg for the next 7 days.
After 1 week of treatment, 16 out of 21 patients in the quercetin group tested negative for COVID-19 and 12 patients had all of their symptoms improve. In the group that received only standard medical care, a mere 2 of out 21 patients tested negative for COVID-19 and 4 patients reported that their symptoms partially improved.
At the end of 2 weeks, the remaining 5 patients in the quercetin group tested negative for COVID-19, while in the standard medical care group of the remaining 19 patients, 17 tested negative. By the end of week 3, one patient tested negative and, sadly, one patient who was still positive died on day 20.
Dr Michael Murray has prescribed dosage recommendations of various nutritional supplements to prevent COVID-19. The lists below are based on his work. While I’m uncertain if COVID-19 can be prevented, what I do know for sure is that we can all walk around with the most robust immune systems our bodies are capable of.
If you’re not sure how to boost your immune system because of existing health conditions, set up a 20-min complimentary call with me to find out how.
Nutrients to Boost Immunity
- Vitamin A – has significant anti-viral effects
- Vitamin D – responsible for many immune functions in the body
- Vitamin C – creates optimal immune function
- B vitamins – necessary for antibody production
- Beta Carotene – supports thymus function
- Zinc – immune booster and possesses anti-viral effects
- Selenium – essential for thymus to operate optimally
- N-Acetylcysteine – boosts glutathione production (the master antioxidant), has anti-viral properties, and is a mucolytic
- Quercetin – has direct anti-viral effects
- Melatonin – promotes sleep quality
Nutrient Recommendations to Specifically Boost Immunity Against COVID-19
- A high-quality multivitamin that containing vitamins and minerals with at least 100% RDI
- Vitamin A – 3,000mcg (10,000IU) daily for men and 1,500mcg (5,000IU) daily for women
- Vitamin D – 3,000-5,000IU daily
- Vitamin C – 1,000mg twice daily
- Zinc – 20-30mg daily for men and 15-20mg daily for women
- Selenium – 100-200mcg daily
- N-Acetylcysteine – 600mg twice daily
- Quercetin Phytosome – 250-500mg daily
- Melatonin – 3-6mg an hour before bedtime
We should all be walking around with the best health possible. COVID-19 has made that need more urgent. To learn how to take your immune system from where it is now to optimal levels, contact me for a 20-min complimentary call. I’ll customize your own personal immune-boosting plan by looking at your unique Ayurvedic constitution, diet, supplements, food sensitivities, lifestyle, pre-existing health conditions, and genetic predispositions.